JASMINE is an orphan foal, unfortunately, she lost her mother so she had to be bottle fed with artificial milk every 20 minutes…
but this could only be a temporary solution!
How could this problem be solved?
Orphan foal can find at Arcadia
- Assistance in the development of the foal: control needs and growth, proper conformation, managing the interaction with human.
- A foster mare (which is very hard to find),
- Veterinary care of the newborn foal: in this delicate phase we are present to facilitate the adjustment to the outside life and to prevent neonatal diseases.
The orphan foal will grow up with a mother, healthy, among other foals and not spoiled by eccessive human socialization.
To know more look at the Interview about Orphan foal development by A. Ferrario and Dott.ssa Giovanna Romano (IT version)
The veterinary team of ARCADIA Equine Centre is coordinated by Dr. Giovanna Romano (graduated in Turin, board certified at the European College of Animal Reproduction in the Equine Subspecialty in Vienna, with decades of experience in Ireland and Italy), which has a particular focus and proven experience in equine reproductive problems.
Attendance at birth, High-risk pregnancy Management, Insemination of the mare, Embryo Transfer using local recipient mares, Care of the newborn foal, Assistance in the development of the foal, Training programs, Stallions training and Fertility Tests, Freezing and storage of semen
Arcadia HORSE CARE free lessons (paper and video)
- An Introduction to Horse Care: Equine Placentitis Update (Paper – EN version)
- Crescita dei puledri (4 video – IT version)
- Cura della fattrice (3 video – IT version)
Dr.ssa Giovanna Romano +39 335 57.29.986
Key words: #orphanfoal, #latte artificiale, #foster mare